Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Walnuts!


I had lunch today with my friend Dave in the market section of the city. After lunch we stopped by an Italian market. Dave was running an errand for his wife who was making cookies tonight for the entire Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's season.

They have quite a selection as you can see. It was pretty busy for a Wednesday because it's the day before Thanksgiving. Still, nothing like the Christmas Eve crowd when the place is packed with women buying food for "The Feast of the Seven Fishes" a tasty Italian Christmas Eve tradition.

The cheese counter seemed busy, but the line was to be moving well. Now, I almost wish I had bought some fine cheeses for Thanksgiving dinner. But I had no idea at the time what we might want to have, so I passed on the idea.

The dried peppers in the bottom photo always look great, but I don't really know what to make with them. I suppose they need to be reconstituted to return to an edible state.

Still, I am glad to live in a city that has such great food stores beyond the usual suburban supermarkets.

No comments: