
Here's one from the "I made it a bigger project than it should have been" file.
Last weekend I spent most of Saturday afternoon creating an extension for the HVAC duct in my office. I wanted to put a file cabinet in the corner but that blocked the duct. So I spent a little bit of money (about $25) and a lot of time (about eight hours total) fabricating sheet metal to fit a 2 by 12 inch duct, turn the airflow 90 degrees to a 3
1/2 x 10 inch duct, extend it 18 inches to end in a 2 x 10 inch diffuser. Got that?Naturally after I spent all that time on the project I learned enough to figure out a better way to do it next time! As if there will be a next time.
Nonetheless I now have the filing cabinets in the right place. In the next day or two the files now in old plastic bins will be organized neatly in the file cabinets. The office is coming together nicely. Now the next project is to find a home for all of the old PCs around here. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment