
Pin Oaks are wonderful trees. Wonderful to look at in other people's yards that is. When our sub-division was being built in the 1970s, each lot got two pin oaks. The folks who built our house choose to place both of them at the front of the lot next to the street. As a result we have a very shady front yard which Bobbie has converted into a beautiful shade garden.
But Pin Oaks are maintenance trees. They need to be trimmed to not only look neat, but to prevent them from growing into the ground, as you can see on the tree on the right in the top photo. Thankfully the yard slopes away from the tree otherwise there would be a wall of
branches blocking the bottom of the tree. In the 14 years we have lived here we never had them trimmed. Thinking I could do it myself I bought a sucession of failed tools before I gave up and hired a professional tree service. This past Saturday they came with a large truck, a crew of three and climbing gear.The top is the the Before photo.
The next photo is the after photo, but taken from the opposite angle. I think we got our money's worth. Especially when I looked up a the guy in the top of the tree trimming the crossed
branches, clearing out the crown as he said.The bottom photo shows the extent of their trimming about 15 feet up the trunk. There were branches growing out of the trunk, down at a 45 degree angle, then ending three feet off the ground.
As an added bonus they blew all the leaves onto the big leaf pile on the side of the yard
Gee, I feel just the same way after I go to the barbershop.
No comments:
Post a Comment