Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Santa in the circle



Every year Santa Claus comes to the circle riding a fire truck to pass out gifts to the neighborhood kids. When we first moved in we had no children and viewed it as a nice diversion. When our kids were infants they did not participate or sat in the stroller until we went back inside. During the toddler years Santa was a big event. Bobbie and I couldn't let on that Santa was coming lest the kids would burst from excitement.


Last night when Santa arrived, I looked around and realized that we had the oldest child participating. And there she was sharing it with little Julia from two doors down.

I shouldn't say this, but I will anyway. I find it so encouraging that Sarah, John and Janine are passing on the excitement and wonder to the younger kids in the neighborhood. Yesterday afternoon our backyard was swarming with kids riding sleds down the hill.

I know that every parent of growing children thinks the same thing. What happened? Time passes so quickly, so you have to savor the times like these. I am thankful that I able.

No comments: