Sunday, August 17, 2008
I paid eight bucks for this picture...
...that's the toll for the George Washington Bridge. This photo was taken on the eastbound lanes. That's the first bridge pier up ahead. I took this shot this past Wednesday afternoon while on a business trip to New Jersey and Connecticut. It's about 4:10 PM at this point and traffic was pretty good except for the truck that broke down at the other end of the bridge. After a pretty drive on the Merritt Parkway, we got to our destination in eastern Fairfield county Connecticut at about 5:20 PM.
It was a humid day and I was driving, so NY skyline photos were not worth the bother. We could see the Empire State, Chrysler Building etc. but not very well. No skyline on the return trip. We stayed north taking I-287 crossing the Hudson at the Tappen Zee bridge and heading home on I-80. Overall it was a good trip, but one I am glad not to have to make every week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment