Every so often I reminisce about Minneapolis, then quickly get over it. So just allow me this reverie and then I will be done.
At the dawning of the 1980s, I lived in the building pictured below in a studio apartment that was...well let's just say "rough around the edges." But it was mine. The first place I ever lived alone, no roommates, just me to blame for all the dirty dishes in the sink. Besides, the location was great, situated between Lake of the Isles and Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis' trendy Uptown neighborhood.
My Mom and Dad saw it once. God bless them. I don't think I would have their wisdom and patience say nothing while my kids willingly lived in a...well, let's call it and "urban experience."
Nonetheless, when I am restless and trying to fall asleep, I still think about how I would remodel this place, but instead of a crappy Pier One location on Excelsior Boulevard and Knox Lumber in Hopkins, I would use IKEA and Lowe's. The thought is so remote, I usually go to sleep right away!
View Larger Map
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They were the best and the worst of times - nice posting.
Post a Comment