Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shakespeare Competition - Sarah


Here's Sarah as Othello in her scene...NOT! This is an engraving of the murder scene that Sarah, Laurence and Julia performed. I scanned this image from a book of the completes works of William Shakespeare. Needless to say, it didn't fit very well on the scanner. I was practically working the mouse with my feet!

It is a very intense scene as Othello kills Desdemona and Emilia finds out. Sarah was exhausted after the scene and the photo below shows her preparing herself before the performance. She can be quite the drama queen at times.
As a seventh grader, this is Sarah's last year in the lower division. Next year she moves up to greater competition. After the performance we went out for pizza with some of the other families. Sarah compared notes with some of the seniors at dinner. Let's hope she remembers it all next year! (and perhaps a comedy for a change!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were taking the picture.
I was trying to picture everyone in there underwear