
Thanksgiving not only means turkey for us, but also cornbread dressing. (Hat tip, Uncle Andy)
This year instead of buying the boxes of Jiffy mix we brought home a two pound bag of Yellow Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix pictured here. We bought it at the Food Lion in Kill Devil Hills, but it's made at the House-Autry mills of Four Oaks, NC.
I made a couple of batches in Duck for breakfast and it was great. So we have fairly high expectations for tomorrow. I just finished a double batch and it is cooling now. I intend to leave it out overnight so it can dry properly.
Too bad we can't buy any around here. I would like to have some around if the fancy for cornbread strikes.
There are all sorts of foods one can find in one part of the country that are impossible to find elsewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment