Monday, May 10, 2010
Netherfield Video
Finally, here are some videos of the Netherfield Ball. In the first one is John's friend Justin in his first dance at his first Netherfield Ball dances quite well with both of his sisters. Clearly there's a strong family dance component.
Traditionally, there are more girls than boys at these events, but this year was an exception. As one of our friends said to her three boys. "You are going for two reasons: one, pretty girls and two, tasty snacks." She was right on both counts. One of the dads and I ate deviled eggs and reminisced about how one doesn't see them much any more. They seem to have gone out of style along with large wood grain sided station wagons.
The second video is the only one I got of anyone in our family. Here, John ends up without a partner. I guess the new one went the other way. To complete the story, he found a new partner and got back on track. John did very well at this dance. Despite the surplus of boys, John had a partner for every dance and rarely sat down. Something I am proud as his dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment