Monday, February 23, 2009

Classical Education Conference


This past Saturday was the ninth annual Pittsburgh Classical Christian Education Conference. I have attended or volunteered for all of them but one. For more information click here.

I always leave this conference refreshed and encouraged to be in the company of people for whom faith and reason are complementary not contradictory. Not only that, but are passionate about passing the tenets of the Christian faith to the next generation.

I got started with classical education in the late 1990s when I read this essay by Dorothy Sayers. Since my mother was a great admirer of hers and her mysteries, I was open to her ideas. At that time our children were approaching school age and we were considering homeschooling. So the connection was made and has been ever since.

I have always thought that it is important to know what you believe and why you believe it. So it follows that I would marry a woman who thought the same way, and perhaps that our children would do so too.

No comments: