First we ate dinner at the Fiesta Mexicana fundraiser at our church. The proceeds go to support the high school youth group mission trip to Tijuana this summer.
Here's Janine with her dear friend Grace whose dad owns the restaurant. The food was good, but I was disappointed that Bobbie and I were the only ones using the really hot sauce. But what do you expect for a Presbyterian church?
Later in the sanctuary of the church our local homeschool group held a student recital. There were nearly 50 performances mostly piano pieces and recitations. Both John and Janine did recitations.
Again, here's Janine who recited Jellicle Cats by T.S. Elliot and late of the Broadway show, Cats. She really dressed the part and rehearsed with great cat-like moves. But when she got up there she was much more subdued.
"I saw all those eyes looking at me!" she said afterwards. Next time she will learn how to look at the top of the audience's heads instead of their eyes.
1 comment:
think of them in there underwear
I do that even when I'm not preforming
Post a Comment