
This past Monday night was the skating show. It's hard to believe that this is the sixth year that the kids have participated in this event. Starting with the Tiny Tots six years ago, now Sarah is the anchor of the Alpha group and is ready to move up next year.
Here she is with her friend Karissa (aka Hermine Hilton) who is on the skating team. I think Sarah would like to participate, but she is concerned about the time commitment. Skate Team members skate three to four times per week, year 'round at odd times when ice is available. I think Sarah likes to have some spare time from three days a week at the ballet studio.

John grinned it up for his photo. Janine and John are both in the pre-Alpha group and it's a big one. There must have been about 30 kids on the ice for their number. So there were two large loops of about 12 kids each with John and the tallest kids (including one adult) in the center. Thankfully as the kids have grown, the costumes no longer obscure their faces so it's a lot easier to spot them on the ice. The kids are almost lost in the videos of the early performances. I just set the lens on wide angle and let them skate. Now I can track them much more easily.

Finally, there's Janine mugging on the ice. She is the one who rules the roost among the little girls. When I took them over for practice Janine had them all running around and giggling. But that just seems to be her nature. The greatest contrast was watching her run around with her friends then reach into her backpack for her favorite teddy bear for a quick break, then return to her buddies. She seems to switch between the two and back so effortlessly. I don't know what to think about it other than simply remind myself that I am watching one of the wonders of childhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment