The boys all read A Grain of Rice, a story about an intrepid Chinese boy who charms the Emperor and wins his daughter's hand. But we got One Grain of Rice, a story set in India about a young girl who asks the local pasha for one grain of rice during a famine, and then twice as much the next day for 30 days. John liked the story a lot because it was about numbers. Kathy was great because she lead the discussion for both books.
Dawn did a nice job of reading several books to the little girls who later retired to Janine's room for dress-up. I volunteered to help out and found myself playing trains with the little guy in the green shirt in the top photo. Yes I'm 50 and I love Brio train sets.
The best part was that all of the kids got along so well and really looked out for one another, for which we are all thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment